CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meet Paige

Most days around our house include some Independence, with a little guidance. Most days at our house we encounter a lot of desired Independence by Paige, but as her parents, we know that she just isn't old enough yet to be as independent as she wants to be. She struggles being the youngest and really just wants to do everything her sister and brother do.

Let me introduce to you our Paige.

This is what she looks like when she dresses herself, yes, she gets dressed mostly by herself, with a tiny tiny bit of help. She is not yet 2, but thinks she 6 and not yet potty trained, but wants to take off her own diaper and change it herself. She loves to wear Emma's clothes (socks and boots as pictured), she wants to attend school, with Emma or Mason, it really doesn't matter, but they go to school during nap time. Poor kid, she just doesn't realize how little she still is.


Recently she has started climbing into Emma's bed and would probably sleep there as long as Emma doesn't sleep in her crib. The moment I motion for Emma to sleep in Paige's bed, (which Emma wouldn't mind) she yells "No, No, No" pointing her finger at Emma and will gladly sleep in her bed. With all the "wanting to be big" behavior, we decided it was time to let her graduate into a big girl bed. We found this set that was what I wanted and in the price range we would pay and just did it. Really it happened by chance and it wasn't as planned as moving Emma or Mason was. It seemed kinda weird not planning it out and "scheduling" the move. But, this is Paige and she was ready and so, why wait. We reasoned and then just did it. Not like me at all.


We got the beds delivered and the head board for Paige's bed was broke. I would have to go to Orem the day after to get a replacement part. We set up Emma's bed and Paige just laid there forever. She liked it.
The following day I got the headboard, put the second bed together and Shawn and I stacked them. Lets just say, all the kids LOVE it.


They played on it all evening.
Paige wasn't so sure about having to sleep on the bottom bunk, but as we talked to her about Emma being bigger, she got the idea. She still likes the top bunk, and can maneuver the ladder well, but she will sleep on the bottom with out complaining too much.
Both girls love the flowers and butterflies on their bedding. It matches the room color so well.

Such a happy big girl. When did she get so big?

That night, we checked on the kids like we always do before going to bed and we found her smooched up against the bed rail. I moved her away from it and on her face was the netting impressions. I laughed to myself.


Since that first night, she's had 2 babysitters and it was a smooth transition to bedtime for both. She is in love with being bigger, having the freedom to get out of bed on her own when she wakes up. I kinda miss her yelling for me when she got up, it's something only she did. Something I didn't always like, but now I miss it and wish I would have listened a bit more to her yell my name. Now, we wake up to her standing next to our bed, at least on the weekends.
It's the first time since Emma was born that the crib is taken down and not in any room in our house right now. That's a weird feeling, but guess it's time to get use to it. She's not a baby anymore. She's a big girl.

2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

How fun! Nikki was just telling me today that she wanted a bunk bed again and I told her she wasn't going to get one unless we had another girl for her to share a room with.

Stillman and Michelle said...

I wish we lived closer together. Jayden sounds so much like her. He wants to be in school so bad. oh he's awake again. gotta go put him back.