CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Big Three zero!

It's official, and has been for a month, but I have been so busy that I haven't recorded anything for the whole month of August yet. What is up with that. No one told me that turning 30 would make you crazy busy.
For my birthday, I got a baby sitter. A friend and I went to have a manicure and pedicure and it was a great hour to just relax. She even talked me into getting my eyebrows waxed. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I was red around my eyes for a few days.
Shawn spoiled me with a Cold Stone Creamery Peanut Butter Passion cake. I love this ice cream, but I like the cake. I guess I am just not a cake person, ice cream or regular alike.
We lit the candles together to keep the wax from building up on the cake too much.

And then all the kids in the neighborhood helped me blow out the candles. We had invited a few people over for a BBQ, but we ended up with more kids than planned. We had 3 adults and 12 kids over. Maybe I'll grow up and have adult friends next year. :)
Late in the evening, after the kids were cleaned up and ready for bed, we opened some presents.
I got a bunt pan from my parents. I don't know how I never had one before. They also gave me a treat in a can, and a recipe.
From my in-laws I got a lot of fun stuff. Some of my favorites were the cooling racks, they will work the the bunt pan.
The stacks of scrapbook paper I will most likely use for cards. I also got a few bags to use for taking things swimming or the like. I like these bags, they are the right size for putting towels in and swimsuits and are small enough they don't take up tons of room.
Shawn and the kids splurged way over what I wanted them to spend and got me an iPod touch. I love it, the kids love it and we like have this fun gadget in out home. Some days it is nice to hand it to one of the kids and have them sit at my feet while I clean, cook and read. It is a good quite time gadget.

Now that I am thirty, I guess I should write some goals for the next 10 years of my life and make a list of things I want to accomplish. It would be interesting to make the list now, and in 10 years see where I am and what really was important.


1 comment:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Your birthday cake looks SO yummy! Happy belated birthday!