I've missed a few weeks because the time really just has gotten away from me. Before I know it, Wednesday turns into Friday and then the weekend is gone. Sometimes I just can't seem to get a hold on the day and before I get a chance to try, it's gone. Has that ever happened to you? I have a lot to be thankful for, so I better get on with it.
- Visits from our trucking brothers, not just one, but both of them stopped in for a short while and ate a meal with us at different times in the last week. That has never happened. It is good to see them and feel like we are helping them by providing a meal. Emma was sure that Uncle Michael (Heather's oldest brother) was Uncle Dustin (Shawn's brother just older than him). We have no idea why, they look nothing like each other.
- A new family member, even if it is a dog. Shawn has been waiting to get a dog since we got married and I felt bad that it didn't happen before now. The kids are happy and always wanting to go play with Lucky. Lucky for me, I don't have to entertain them as much and they use their creativity while playing with him. I also get beds made, hair done and kids dressed much faster these days as they can't wait to see Lucky, but chores come first.
- Really good Councilors who are full of Ideas and ready to help me in any way they can. We have pulled together and made some plans that needed attention to quickly and everything that needed done, is done, at least for the moment. I never thought that I would be serving as the President in the Primary, but here I find myself. So thankful for all the help of others.
- Warm weather to play in water, get sun on our skin and be outside. It is so hard to get to bed these days because it is so nice out. The kids are loving summer and we are loving being with them.
- Lots of plans for Shawn's weekends off, more plans for a vacation and time that we feel like we can actually do some things. We are so blessed to have Shawn home as much as we do. I think of my brothers and Shawn's brothers families and the absents they feel from having daddy and husband gone. It is a hard life, I'm so thankful I don't have to live the way right now.
- We have lived in Utah for 1 year now. I can't believe how quickly that year went by. So many blessings in this last year, I truly feel blessed.
- I still have 1 month to enjoy being in my 20's. Who knows what the 30's will be like, but I still have my best friend by my side and we are still in love, more than the day we got married. I have 3 beautiful, crazy, active children who keep me busy and share their love with me. I am still loosing weight and by the time I welcome my 30's I will hopefully weigh less than I have in 6 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment