CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

  • Busy mornings make a mama a mama. This morning, I didn't get up to exercise. Instead, I cuddled in bed with my hubby. Something we haven't done in like 3 months. It was so nice to talk to each other in bed, and he not fall asleep talking to me. After that is was a rat race and I had to get Mason on the bus, Paige to the Babysitter and Emma to school all in a 20 minute period. I went on a field trip with Emma's class and she was so happy to have me there.
  • Testimonies of paying tithing and seeing the blessing "That there shall not be room enough to receive it". 3 Nephi 24: or Malachi 3:10. As I have pondered and prayed about the challenges facing us in getting our loans paid off early (cause I first have to start paying all of them to do that), this testimony was a comforting answer that if I am diligent in my tithing and smart in my spending, somehow, Heavenly Father will bless us.
  • Seeing some results on the scale gives me hope that it's not the end. It has been a very slow weight loss month, but the scale is finally moving down again and I will accept that.
  • A clean house. I eat better, feel better, exercise better and am an all around better mommy with my house is clean and everything has a place. Today, is not that day, but tomorrow may be.
  • Finding peace in the scriptures and through reading the words of a living prophet. I feel so blessed to live in a time where so much is available to us in getting closer to God and feeling the love of our Savior. We have more written words that at any other time in history and what a blessing that is.
  • Attending the temple and feeling the strength of Families being forever, not just here on earth. As I have contemplated Forever Families, I realize that if I want my Forever Family, I have work to do to help my children make choices that will reflect that they want it also.
  • All the framing in the basement is up. Thanks to Shawn's dad for coming and helping us out, we now have plumbing, electrical and some vent work before our first inspection. We could have that inspection next week if we got the vent work scheduled. (Pictures to come)

Added

  • Mason's funny lines he's now saying like: "I'm wearing a tigger shirt, with soccer ball" and "I knocked it all down" "Because Why?" and when asked what he did at school "play with friends". I love Love LOVE that he is saying sentences, but just with that I understood all his sentences clearly. We are working on that.

No comments: