CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Spending April with Emma

I am sure Emma is a normal 5 year old. She is very head strong and has a will of her own. This is good, but some times leaving us to scratch our heads trying to solve problems. She want to help only on her terms and really dislikes being told, or asked to do anything that is not on her agenda. She gives us a run for our money daily.

The best part of baking and decorating cake, is the kids always want to lick the bowl clean. I think that she thinks all of the different colors of frosting taste different cause with each new color I made for Mason's cake, she asked if she could taste it. To solve that, I gave her the bowl and she went to town.

We finally encouraged her to take off her training wheels, but she still isn't sure about it. She would love to just keep her training wheels for ever, but we would like to have a bike ride with her on her bike and not have troubles with us falling off the bike cause we are going too slow.

Shawn has tried to be really patient, but she looks down, doesn't watch where she's going and any time the bike wobbles, she starts to cry and looses it. As her confidence builds and she finally decides it is something she wants, it will happen. We just have to be patient till it comes.


Jodi also trimmed Emma's bangs. I cut them a few weeks ago, but they were not straight. She looks better now.

Emma was sick for some time this month. She spend 1 day sleeping, and resting only to spring back to life with in 24 hours. 5 days later she got sick again and spend 2 1/2 days sleeping, throwing up and complaining of a tummy ache. She went to see the Dr. and got a prescription to help her keep down her food. She is still on the mend, but much better today than she has been.

While Emma was sick, Paige and Mason really tried to be buddies. Mason just isn't the same Mason with out Emma to play with. I am so happy that right now they all love each other and care about each other. There is still plenty of fighting, but what family doesn't. Emma likes to use Paige and Mason as her Ginni pigs in anything she wants to play. They all play dress up together, hind and seek and they all read together. As much as I worry about how Emma will be when she grows up, I feel peace that she sometimes get it when we have serious conversations. I believe that she wants to be good, but that being a kid sometimes brings out the bad side of her. I am trying so hard to see her though the eyes of her Heavenly Father. If I could see her for who He sees her as, I know I would be a different Mom, not just to her, but to Mason and Paige as well.


2 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Yep, when she's ready to take the training wheels off she'll let you know. Nikki just learned a couple of months ago and it was all her. She told me to take them off and she was determined to ride without them. A year ago she was like Emma and didn't want to do it without them.

Campbells said...

We tried to take Madelynn's off a few times when she was younger, and always ended up putting them back on. One day she said she was ready, and off she went. She was just about 5. Now Sadie is trying to learn, she is not quite ready yet though. Good luck, she'll get it when she is ready! I think my mom said I was like 7 or 8 some crazy old age when I learned! :)