CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daddy Daughter Date

A long time ago, when we were living in Pullman, when Emma was 3, Shawn started taking her out on dates. It has been a while (a few months) since they have had the chance to go out together and enjoy the time they have together. Friday night, was their date night. I can't even start to tell you how excited Emma was for her date.
She wanted to go to a China restaurant (better than going to China like her last date request). After dinner, Shawn took Emma Ice Skating for her first time. Just having watched a lot of skating on the Olympics she was so excited. Figure Skating was the only thing she really enjoyed watching during the Olympics, and she had a lot of questions that came with watching. I wished I could have been in the car when she found out they were going Ice Skating. I am sure she was so excited and anxious.
Emma and Shawn getting ready to get on the ice.
Emma got to go around a few times before they got this skate helper. Shawn said the place was packed and that they didn't have any of these available so you just had to snatch one up with it was abandoned.

All in all they had fun. Emma had to visit the bathroom a few times, and their evening was cut short when a lady came out of the bathroom and told Shawn that she was in the bathroom crying cause she had a accident. She wanted to wear the skirt and tights so badly, I didn't think that she would have trouble getting them off to use the bathroom. They came home around 10pm and Emma was SO excited to tell me all about her date. She has requested to go back soon.

2 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

What a fun date. I've never been ice skating before. Would love to try it some time. That is so neat that Shawn takes her on daddy daughter dates.

Amber said...

Mark takes the girls on Daddy Daughter Dates too. They LOVE it, but they have never been ice skating. I might have to suggest this to him! Adorable pics too!