CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

"I'll laugh my head off"!

This morning Shawn and I went to the temple. Oh man, getting there was somewhat nerve racking. It snowed and melted all day yesterday, then froze and had an additional 1 inch of snow on top. The roads seemed fine as we started out, but before we got to Spanish Fork we had stop and go traffic for a role over accident. Lucky, it was only one car, and we realized that the roads were slick in a few spots along our trip. We go to the temple safe and sound, and like always, I felt the nerves in my tummy. They went away as we walked into the temple.
I had a strange thought while we were in the temple. I was thinking about Shawn's family history of male health. I never met his Grandpa's, and a handful of Uncles, cause they passed on before I ever came into his life. The thought that came to me was "Is this what I have in store for me? Is there anything we can do now to prevent this from happening to our family?" I didn't say anything about this thought to Shawn until dinner tonight. He said that we should make sure to get in for our yearly check ups, and I said and you should loose some weight (which we have been working on) and get into better shape. Emma looked at me, and said "When you come home I'm going to laugh my head off." I looked at her and asked her what she means. She then told us that if we loose weight we would look funny and she would laugh at how funny we look. Shawn and I just looked at each other and laughed. She sure has come up with some funny things to share with us lately.

2 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

I am loving this age that Alex ans Emma are in. They are soooo funny.

Curtis and Deedra said...

That's great. I love that age too when you never know what they're going to say.