You know when your struggling with life, and you don't see any point to work harder to get what you want, cause so far it hasn't happened? That has been this last week. That is why I haven't blogged about any of the funny moments and happy things that have happened...cause I just can't sit down and write. It is Thursday. I thought about skipping my usual Thursday post, but then I thought being thankful helps pull us out of ourselves and find happiness...here it goes.
- My calling is with the Activity Day girls, ages 10 and 11. I am the assistant (thank goodness cause I don't have a clue what I should be doing.) and our first activity was yesterday. The leader's kids are all sick. So it was me and someone in the primary presidency who jumped in to help at the last minute. It was good. We had fun. I am going to learn A LOT!
- Blessings from paying tithing. Shawn and I have reflected a lot this last week on the 4 years we were in school. We looked back at the last year of school and have seen the financial blessings of tithing just in that year alone. He didn't work at all from January to July. No paycheck, no extra money. Just the student loan. I am amazed we lived, paid bills and still have some money to travel for school and to visit my Grandparents in Portland, OR. I don't know how it happened, I do know, it is because we have always paid a full tithe back to the Lord.
- The scriptures always have a way of calling my name. Since getting pregnant with Emma, I have struggled finding time to read them. I try all the time to do better, but I struggle. I have tried putting them in the Bathroom, but kids are always in there with me. I had them in the kitchen for a while and would read some while cooking. I have gotten up 1 hour before my kids should to have some quite time to read. I still struggle. When I do read, I feel peace. Most of my questions or problems are not solved in the scriptures, but reading them makes me feel like I am at least trying to be close to the Lord so He can help me in finding answers.
- My Patriarchal Blessing some how got lost in our move to Utah, along with my almost finished journal. I figured that as we unpack boxes I would find it. No luck yet. I am not thankful I lost these things. I am thankful that my mother had a copy of my blessing on her computer and was able to send it to me. It helps me a lot to read this blessing often and gain perspective into what I can become and what is expected of me. How thankful I am for the Priesthood and the blessings Heavenly Father gives us through the Priesthood.
- Family Home Evening isn't the easiest thing to do in our home. I am sure it is not in your home either. Mason has our lesson this last week. He taught us about prayer. He showed pictures and did the activity for lesson 3 from the Behold You Little Ones manual. He did an awesome job and the girls paid attention for the whole 2 minutes he was talking.
- Shawn's weekend off and we have nothing planned. Maybe we will go sledding, or draw an the basement floor the floor plan we want to finish this spring. May be we will watch a movie and sip cocoa. Or Maybe we will snuggle in bed with our 3 little babes and giggle until our bellies hurt from laughing. What ever we do, I hope it is fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment