CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

As there has been so much destruction in Haiti this last week, I have reflected on everything that we have and are blessed with. There is so much heartache, and sadness in Haiti that I wish that there was more we could do for the people there who have suffered so much loss. For now, I am reflecting on my blessings.
  • A Good home that provides more than we need. We have so much comfort and safety just within the walls of our home.
  • Conveniences at the touch of a button like, water, sewer, electricity, phones, automobiles. There is so much more. We really are blessed.
  • The humanitarian aid of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is great to see how the little money I have donated have go into effect to help those in need immediately. I truly feel like I am donating to the help and relief effort in giving the little I can.
  • Children who keep me grounded and remind me daily to be a little bit more happy, flexible and willing to teach in the moment.
  • Health. I have had a bladder infection this week. It's getting better, but I am amazed that when our bodies are suffering from an infection, all of us suffers. I and grateful I don't get there often and that for the most part, I am healthy on most days.
  • Prophecy to set in order our homes. We spoke in Sacrament meeting this last Sunday. Our topic: Strengthen our family, Fortify our home. For as long as history records, parents have been told to teach their Children the gospel. Knowing who we are, where we came from and our purpose on earth is, helps us make choices that bring us happiness. We are also more prepared to deal with disasters and help those around us, no matter how big, or small the disaster.
  • A Latter Day Prophet. It is so comforting to know Heavenly Father gives us a Prophet to help guide us though this life and back to our Heavenly Father.

No comments: