I have the opportunity to really do something for myself. To focus on me and to be better. All around me I see people who inspire me, ladies who are mother, wives and busy. They make it part of their day to exercise and make their health a matter of importance. I have never liked exercise, all honesty comes out. I don't' know why. Maybe it was because it was never taught or exemplified in my childhood home, therefore, it isn't important. But, as I have grown up, I know it is important. I want my kids to take care of their bodies, and I can show them how, if I get my lazy body outta bed and do it.
I haven't decided 100% that I am jumping on the this wagon quite yet. Shawn thinks I should, so does my sister and I sure deep down, I do also. I am just stuck on not having the right motivation. I'll let you know when I get there.

4 comments:
It sounds like you're there... I bet if you read this post again you'll see how close you are!! good luck mama!!
I agree with Camille!
Also, one of the most empowering things for me was something I read in one of the many books I read at the beginning of my own journey last year- The author encouraged that we not be two hard on ourselves. If you slip one day off your diet or exercise plan, simply recommit to do better the next day. Some days are easier than others. But the easier days come more frequently the more you keep at it.
I know, first hand, the power of your own sticktoitiveness. You are a fabulous lady and can achieve whatever you want. It can be so hard to put that time (and energy!) aside for yourself. But you absolutely deserve it.
Do you have any stay at home moms in your neighborhood you could go walking with? I have been walking with my boys and other ladies in my ward for four years now. It isn't 100% a die hard workout, however I get out of the house several times a week and get to have a good time talking. The kids enjoy it as well. It helps me the other days that I don't go with friends to be more active.
What is Shawn's work schedule? I need a new Curves buddy. I'm paying for it but not going. I don't know that I can do 5 am, but.... I need to get going again :)
E.
Post a Comment