Thanks for your input in my poll. 75% of those who voted asked that I keep my weight loss record here. Here is my first post.
This picture was taken May '03. It was one of our engagement pictures and I love it. Now just cause I look good and skinny, but because it reminds me of so much. It sits on my dresser.

This picture was taken on our Honeymoon. July '03

This is me now. 5 1/2 years, 3 kids, and lots of stress later.
My face is skinner than it was a year ago, but that's about it. I started on Tuesday Jan. 20 to work out. Here is my schedule. Mon, Wed, Friday wake up @ 5am and go to Curves. I have about a 20-30 min. drive to get there, so I listed to conference tapes, and plan on getting the scriptures on CD to listen to them as well. For the next month or so, Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to Water Aerobic. I will go to Curves or go walking with my kids in tow on Saturday if needs be. Sunday is my "day off". My goal is to drop 30 lbs by Shawn's graduation May 10, 2009 and 20 more there after by the end of summer. I know it is going to be a lot of hard work, but I am determined...hence why I am getting up at 5 am. Shawn is behind me 100% which makes all the difference in the world.
Just before I got pregnant with Paige December 2007:
The morning at the hospital before having Paige October 22, 2008
1 week and 1 day after having Paige. October 30, 2008
My weight goal: 125 lbs. If I can only get to 130 before I get pregnant, than good for me, and I will start over again after that. Follow me on this Journey and maybe I can help you get where you want to be also. I know that part of my inspiration is from my sister, Amy, who has lost all her pregnancy weight. If she can do it, than I can too! Thanks Amy for your inspiration!


7 comments:
Good luck! I reccommend the jump rope you know, 15 minutes 3 times a week and it is a killer! I noticed a difference in my gut this last week. Oh, by the way, if you have a mp3 player, you can download the scriptures for free and listen to audio that way.
YES!! You can do it! I'm proud of you for starting, and keeping a journal of it. i never did any of that, so I'm sure you'll be a better success then a i was!! HOORAY FOR HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because I am a workout freak, I have to plug eating healthy as well. I eat horrible most days and would probably be a size 6 if I ate healthy and exercised as much as I do! Good for you for taking this step! But I must say, you do look great for just having had a baby! I am eager to see how your body changes over the next few months. Good luck!
Great job!!! That's an awesome schedule; your dedication is GREAT!!! :-) Have lots of success!!! :-)
Go Heather! You can totally do it!
That is certainly dedication to get up at 5 am! Wow! Have you ever heard of beachbody.com? They have great workout programs too. Cheaper than gym memberships and I like working out at home (although it is difficult to workout at home with kids - Katie trys to give me hugs while I'm working out - I try to workout before she wakes up). I like doing Hip Hop Abs and Yoga Booty Ballet and Kathy Smith (kathysmith.com). Chris lost 30 lbs doing Turbo Jam. Don't forget to get in some weight training too (what is recommended by fitness instructors is 2-3 times a week). Cardio burns fat while you are working out, but muscle burns fat 24/7.
P.S. I just looked up Curves on the internet - was curious to see what type of gym it was. Looks like a great workout plan. Cardio and weights in 30 min. - what a time saver. Keep us posted on your results. Good luck!
Post a Comment