CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving in Idaho

It is always so stressful getting ready to leave to go and visit family in Idaho, and this year was no exception. We left Wednesday afternoon when Shawn got off work at lunch time. I had good intentions to pack everything the night before and have the van ready, it didn't happen. I packed the our clothes Wednesday morning. As we were driving, I realized I forgot toys to the car ride, snacks for the drive, our church bag, and a few other non important things we got along with out. I realized that I just need Shawn here as my head as I am putting things together. :0)
We went to Grandpa and Grandma Sanders house Thanksgiving morning and played with all the cousins and enjoyed the company of our siblings. We decorated Grandma and Grandpa's tree with Grandpa handing ornaments to the grand kids. This was Paige's first experience with putting up decorations, and it was great to see her jump in and try to help. She would walk over to the tree and throw the ornaments into the tree. She thought it was great, and so did we.

Waiting for an ornament.
My sister started a tradition last year that we got to take part in this year. She made a plate of goodies and we took them to the fire department down the street from my parents. We thanked the firemen for all their hard work and for being willing to spend Thanksgiving at the fire station. 2 of the firemen have kids at home around our kids ages and they totally showed it. They took all the crazy kids out to the fire truck and let them play around on them. They have a old fire truck from the 20's or 30's that has been restored and the kids actually liked it better than the newer one. They all got their own fire hat and had a lot of fun visiting the fire station, and I think that the firemen enjoyed the visit.

Shawn and I got out early on Black Friday, but I won't say too much cause it would spoil Christmas. Just know this, we got everything we went out for.
Being the loving wife I am, I got Shawn a ticket to go to the Boise State/ Nevada game in Boise Friday night. I stayed at our friends house and watched the kids and got them to bed. Shawn had a lot of fun, and I am sure he loved spending time with his best friend. I wonder if we could separate them if we lived closer.
Saturday was really the reason we traveled to Idaho. My sister, Jodi, went to the temple for the first time. It was wonderful to be in the temple with so many people who support her. There were a few people missing, but for the most part everyone was there, and it was a good day.

Later that night, my family and a few of Jodi's friends joined us as we went out for dinner. We had 11 kids 5 or under. For this reason, we chose a buffet and it was a big hit.

One of the black Friday purchase we made was a duel DVD player for the van. Our trip home was wonderful. I don't know why we didn't get these 2 years ago.

No comments: