skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thankful Thursday

- My Freedom is taken for granted on most days, just cause I get caught up in the mommy moments of everyday and don't think too much about it. I am thankful I get to choose where and how I want to worship God. I am thankful for my freedom of speech, freedom to choose my family's size, to choose my spouse, or where we go to school. If I wanted to school my children at home, I have that freedom also. (not that I am going to be doing that any time soon)
- Finally feeling like I have control of our finances. Yes, we have debt. Yes, we have bills. Yes, I feel like I have to stretch myself every month to make ends meet, but I finally, for the first time since we have been married, feel like I am able to have money to stash away in savings. It's not much, but just to be able to save for a rainy day, or a couch I hope to own someday soon, is a wonderful feeling. 4 years of not saving any money, make me thankful to be blessed to have enough.
- We have a house. It is a beautiful house. When we first walked though it, I turned to Shawn and said something like this, " I love this house! It is too nice for me to get to live in though." Meaning, I have never lived in anything this new (not that it is new, cause it is not), or this beautiful. (no offence Mom and Dad) It just isn't reality yet! I am so grateful we have been SO blessed to find this house to make a home.
- Autumn air! I love Autumn. I love the leafs as they turn color, the crisp in the early morning air, the sunsets at night. If I lived somewhere where there wasn't autumn, I would have to move. I love the build up to the holiday season, Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas, only to be greeted by a New Year. Autumn welcomes it all!
- General Relief Society Conference. It may be the only session I actually get to hear all of the talks given, and as long as I don't receive the impression it's time to add to our family, I am anxious for this night!
- My Upcoming Mission Reunion is next weekend. It is going to be so fun to go and see my old companions, room mates and my mission President and his wife. I feel so blessed to live so close to where the reunion is at.
- The overwhelming feeling that my Heavenly Father blesses me, just because he wants to. I hope that I can help him bless the lives of those I come in contact with who need to see His hand in their lives.
1 comment:
How fun to meet up at the Mission Reunion! How many years has it been? Congrats on the house. That is so exciting. Miss you!!
Melina
Post a Comment