My Dad celabrated his 60th birthday this last Tuesday. Saturday night my Mom, sisters and I successfully pulled off a surprise birthday party for him. He has NO idea. For his party I made this:

It is a life cake. At the bottom of the cake is a CAUTION sign that has his birth date and place. In the following order there were signs for his baptism, endowment, marriage and the birth of his children, Michael, David, me, Jodi and Amy. I had a speed limit sign that said "60 what a ride", but is shattered as it hit the floor. The stop sign at the top also broke, but I put it on tape and kept it with the cake since it was my sisters sign. The cake turned out wonderful and was well worth the effort.


4 comments:
Wow! That's a great cake! Very creative.
I agree! What a fabulous cake! Very talented. Hey I see your anniversary is in two days. Congrats.
Awesome Cake!
Ahhhh - so that's what a life cake is. Very cool! Looks great!
Post a Comment