CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 Weeks old Today!

Paige is now 2 weeks old. She hasn't really learned anything new in the last week, but she has started have a little bit more awake time in the day. At her 2 week check up, she weighed 7lbs. 8 oz. It is a good weight gain. She is healthy and very "normal", what ever that means. She did so well at the Dr. office, until they pricked he heal for some blood work. She didn't like that too much.




Emma can't seem to stay away from Paige. If she is sleeping, Emma is good at leaving her to sleep, but she will sit on the couch watching Paige nurse, and wants to play with her when ever Paige is on the floor. Emma likes to hold Paige, and is getting pretty good at making she her head is supported. The other night, Emma was praying over dinner and she prayed that Paige could stop crying and learn to talk. Emma has never been one to deal with crying. As much as we tell her that it is okay for babies to cry cause that is how they talk to us, she still just really is bothered by it.



Posted by Picasa


A little up date on me, since I never post much about me anymore. I also had my 2 week check up today, but mine wasn't so great. There is an infection in the incision site that is most likely caused by a suture that didn't deslove correctly. I am now taking an antibiotic and using a topical cream. Hopefully it will not turn into anything more and I won't have more problems with it while in Idaho. I have lost 20 pounds, and am fitting back into my pre pregnancy clothes. I felt like I went shopping the other day, cause I packed all my pre pregnancy clothing away when I couldn't wear them anymore. I forgot I had some of those things. Paige is a good night sleeper now, so I adverage about 6-9 hours of sleep at night. This last week she did one night with 2, 4 hour stretches between feedings. I felt like a new person the next day!

We are learning how to get back to normal with a new person in our family. It is always a challenge, but I have been very blessed with kids who love Paige and welcomed her with open arms.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! Sorry to hear about your infection... darn incisions. But I'm so glad that you're feeling better & getting occasional sleep, and fitting into your pre-pregnancy clothes; and how wonderful that your kiddos are so mindful of little Paige! :-)

Stillman and Michelle said...

oh that's so nice. Alex loves his brother he is such a big help, I am glad to hear that Emma is taking it so well. How is Mason handeling it.

Campbells said...

Cute kids! I think that the adjustment to 3 was the hardest for me, but it does get better in time, of course. Glad all is well

Camille said...

SOOO beautiful!!!

(and congrats on the 20 lbs!!!)

Liz said...

Such a sweet picture of your two little girls. It seems like those first weeks are just a daze.

Jesse said...

Yes, take care of yourself little mama!

Congrats on your beautiful family and like Camille said, the 20 pounds. You rock.