Emma can get in to just about any trouble with out even trying. We have been working together on keeping her attention on good things, and not giving her "alone" time too often, as that is when the trouble starts. This afternoon, she was sitting on the couch reading her library books, and I was checking e-mail. She comes into the office, stands next to me and says "Mom, come see what I did." I am thinking to my self, "what might this be?" I wasn't thinking trouble at first, but she was insistent and told me again with more excitement in her voice "Mom, come see what I did." As we left the office, I asked her if she did a good thing or a bad thing. "Bad thing" she replies, and I see this mess:
Not tragic, but a good mess to clean up. I went and got some rags, handed them to her and said go at it. She kept saying, "I wasn't careful" and "I'm sorry Mom" I told her that I know that she was sorry, or she wouldn't have come and told me, rather she would have hid, and waited till I found the mess... then she would have blamed Mason, who is sleeping. At least she came to me and wanted to fix it.

4 comments:
what was the mess?
Root Beer
What a sweetie! It always tugs at my heartstrings when Kiddo sees a mess he made and says, "did a bad, bad thing." I always try to explain that on the scale of EVIL, it doesn't exactly register, but it's still not a good thing to do, LOL. Not sure how far that idea gets, though!
I have probably said this before, but Emma and Claire would be like two peas in a very naughty pod if we lived closer! In the grand scale of messes, I'm sure this one doesn't rank that high, but it still drives me crazy cleaning up mess after mess!!
Post a Comment