The last 3 weeks he has been away from home Sunday evening to Friday evening. Granted, he is learning some valuable stuff... things that just can't be taught here at the school. The weeks have been hard weeks for the kids and I, and I am sure for Shawn also. I have not heard him complain once about the time he is away. He comes home, and I am sure he is very tired, and just jumps in where ever he is needed. I know that he would love to come home on a Friday evening, and spend the weekend at home playing with the kids, and just relaxing. His little wifey has other things in mind though, and the list each weekend hasn't been short. He just starts to go, and runs till the end of the day. This last weekend was surely on of those weekends. I had a almost good day Friday, until Emma decided to paint her own toe and finger nails with the bright blue finger nail polish while I was getting Mason up from his nap and changing his dirty diaper. She happened to choose our bedroom carpet to paint her nails on, which you know means, she got some on the carpet also. All this happens as I need to be leaving to go to my Dr. appointment. So I left my sister to clean up the mess on Emma and told her I would take care of the carpet later. I am feeling drained and was really hoping Shawn would be home early. That didn't happen. He got home about 10:15 pm...just in time for bed. Saturday I had a list...put up new blinds, vacuum, clean windows, grocery shopping, EQ picnic... All he said to me was, and I was hoping for a relaxing day at home, with a smile on his face. Did we get everything done, almost, minus 1 blind. Did we have fun... yes! It was so nice to have him home slaving away with my crazy to do list. He sure had such a good attitude. Emma and Mason jumped in and helped where ever they could and we spent the day as a family, getting done what needed being done.
Shawn is gone for this last week. At the end of the week, we are going to meet in the temple. I know that we are both looking forward to attending together. We will be lifted and will find the strength to move on, to conquer new problems, and we will do it together... running the race that must go on.


4 comments:
What a neat idea - meeting in the temple! Very awesome. Hope your week goes well!!! :-)
Aren't hard working husbands the best! Mark and Shawn seem very similar in that regard. Mark can never sit still if there are projects to do. I am so grateful for that quality!
I can't imagine how hard things are for you right now. It is so hard to be home without a husband, especially having two small kids and being pregnant too. It is nice to have a nice husband, but you deserve a medal being a single mom most of the week!!!!!!
What a trooper. Although I have to say being home with the kids all week alone - whew rough.
Post a Comment