CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby Monitor Blues

I don't sing the Blues, and I don't listen to them very often either. But, I am going to take my chances at singing the baby monitor blues and see if all of my Blogging Mommy friends can get me singing something else.

So we bought this baby monitor when Emma was a baby (3 years ago). I have tried to deal with the new problem we are currently experiencing, but to no avail. I like this monitor for these reasons:
  • Parent Monitor is rechargeable, and is portable. No plugging this baby in just to hear your baby.
  • Small and some what compact.
  • Lights up when there is noise.
  • Has 2 channels
  • Volume control
  • Hides nicely behind a picture on my night stand, therefor you don't see it in my room.

My reasons for singing the Baby Monitor Blues:

  • The monitor for the kids room turns off and on when it wants
  • The parent monitor, makes horrible static noise when above problem happens.
  • I still NEED a baby monitor, as my little kiddos are on the other side of the trailer from my room, and I can't hear them with out the monitor.
  • I need some advice in choosing a new monitor.

I have a few stipulations:

  1. A new monitor, has to be under the purchase price of $50.00.
  2. I need it to be portable
  3. It needs to have a good signal for using in and out of the house.
  4. I don't need/want a digital video screen

I am hoping that someone out there has a baby monitor that they love and are willing to share it with me. Please Please Please help me out and I will be grateful to you for ever.

For those who don't know how to post ( and I know some of you have not done this before) click on Comment at the bottom of the post. Type up you comment, leave you name at the bottom of your comment (so I know how to ask you more ?'s if I have them) and click on Anonymous. Your comment will be posted to this blog posting for me to see and read later. Thank you in advance for helping me out with this!

4 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

Well I'll be interested in the results too - I know we'll need to get one again next time we adopt because ours gave up and quit working. I think ours was Safety
1st. You plugged in the main unit in the babies room and had two portable units to take around the house. I left them on 24 7 and I think that's why they quit. Perhaps if I only turned them on at nap time and night time they would have lasted longer. And they would get static interference - I'm guessing the ones we had were around $20-30. So if you want a better quality you probably want to go a little more expensive. Here's an idea - if you look at them on-line a lot of times people leave reviews of the products they've purchased and used. I.E. walmart.com - type in baby monitors. Click on a monitor and above the monitor's picture "read reviews", click on that and it shows you customer reviews. Let me know if you discover a good one. You could probably search target.com, amazon.com, babysrus.com and others. Or you can even go into the specific namebrand's websites. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I think we've got the same one, and we'd just stick with that, if you're not looking for video... the cord connection might be frazzing, from the "sounds" of it - the parent monitor works great when the baby side works, right? You might try wiggling the monitor cord and see if it affects the sound, just in case...

Other than that, that's the kind we have, and we really like it (although we *do* like the video stuff for "next time" so we'll know whether what we're hearing is a bad cough or a puke cough, for example, LOL)... I might just get another one of those units. (Plus, if you have the same problems, you can take it back to, say, a Walmart ;-).

Good luck!!! :-)

Love the new background, too, BTW!!! :-)

Amber said...

We just used a Fisher Price monitor. It was a fairly cheap one. One of my girlfriends just got the Fisher Price Private Connections Monitor (I called her to get the right model name). It comes with dual receivers and has rechargeable batteries. She said she paid about $50 for it. Hope that helps!

Stillman and Michelle said...

I had that same monitor, It went coput on us too. Now we have a fisher Price monitor. I like it. I think it is the same one amber said. it says 900MHZ on the front. whatever that means.