CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reflections

This week I have been reflecting on the last 3 years of my life and how much has changed, physically, spiritually and emotionally. This month 3 years ago, we moved our small family to start a new journey, the beginning of Veterinary Medicine School. How we didn't know then how much life in general would change.
Our Living Room after everything in the moving truck came in.
Emma's make shift bed room. The following day, we actually put up her crib, and put the fruniture in place. The following month, Shawn and my dad built a closet in the room as it was missing a closet. They did an awesome job. We have also painted this room, taken down the ugly lights, added a ceiling fan with lights, layed down new carpet and put up new blinds and curtins. This is now one of my favorite rooms to be in.
Our kitchen. OH MY GOSH! I can't believe how much the kitchen alone has changed. The very first thing we did when we moved in was replace the dishwasher. The old one (as seen in this picture) was super old, and very noise. All the other changes in the kitchen took place this last May. I am so glad that I actually get to enjoy all that work for a year.
About a week after we moved here, we headed back to Boise for Shawn's sister's wedding. I don't think that we were even close to moved in and we were off again. After a weekend home, we were on our way back to our new home, and the following Tuesday, Shawn was off to Cole Camp. His whole class was at this camp for 2 nights 3 days. It was "bonding" as a class. What shock I was put into as I was here at home to set everything up with out Shawn here. Jodi was here with me for the week, as we striped the hall bathroom of all the layers of wall paper, adn painted the walls. Thursday Shawn came home. Friday his parents, sister and brother in law, and my parents came up for the white coat induction ceremony Saturday.

Saturday morning, there was a student orientation, which included a tour of the Vet Hospital and school for all the family that was here. They also had a spouse seminar that I attended. I left that seminar thinking it would be better for Emma and I to return to Boise with the family as I had been informed of the life of a vet student. I remember being very somber and depressed for a few hours. When we got home, Shawn took me into our room, and asked me what was wrong. As I explained how I was feeling, and what I was told, he assured me that we they were wrong and things would we fine. He has sure kept his word.

I look back at this journey and can see how the hand of the Lord has been with us, blessing us. I have seen the growth in Shawn and I as we learned the value of balancing time. We have also learned to not run faster than we have strength. This last 3 years have been a wonderful journey, enough so, that this last year is some what of a sad and happy year for me. We are still pretty far from the end, but we can sure taste it. What an adventure we have ahead of us still. I am excited at the opportunities to continue to grow and learn.

1 comment:

Amy said...

ohh...look at how small emma was!! it's amazing that so much has changed in just a few short years!