CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Sleeping Bags

This next weekend (7/11-12/08) is the Father/Son's campout for our ward. Shawn is going to attempt to take Mason for his first time. We are both in the mind set that Mason doesn't need the pack 'n Play to camp in so we decided to look for a sleeping bag for him. Last year Emma used one that Shawn had while he was a youth, and thus, we just put a fleece liner in the bag and Emma had a sleeping bag. We didn't have an extra laying around this year to put Mason in, and so we decided to start looking for his new sleeping bag.
We found some at a really good price. They come with a air mattress that inserts in a cover at the bottom of the sleeping bag (thus it can be just a sleeping bag, or a padded sleeping bag.) A built in pillow (if inflated) and the comforts of his favorite movie charcter, Lightening McQueen. Upon such purchess, Emma notices, and says "I want a Princess one" thus, the kiddos got new sleeping bags, and they both love them!

"I love sleeping in the tent" ~Emma

Last night (7/8/08) we did a trial run in the tent. Mason was actually asleep before Emma was, I didn't have to do any singing to her, like I did last year. It took Mason a little bit to get use to the "zipped in" feeling, and once in the night moved all the way over to the edge, which cause the air mattress to sit up side ways, but he was quickly moved and they both slept out side until their normal wake up time... 8 am. I am thinking that Shawn will have a wonderful weekend and Mason will love it even more. No sharing Daddy with anyone for a whole night!

We are excited for this first of many Father/Son outing! I am proud of Shawn for wanting to take our little crazy man out in the "wilderness" all by him self! Hats off to the Dad!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

What great sleeping bags! Built in air mattress - how genius!

Amber said...

Those are too cute. We are planning on taking the girls camping soon and I didn't know what to do about sleeping bags. Thanks for being the Guinea pig! Where did you buy them?

Heather said...

We got them on sale @ ShopKo.
They are 24.99 regular price! The kids love them!