CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moo

I felt like this was a very appropriate cake to make Shawn for his Birthday!
His birthday is tomorrow (7/25), but the rotation he is on at school has 3 birthdays this week, and he volunteered me to make the cake instead of Costco. I think everyone enjoyed the cake more than they would have the Costco cake, and it was very personalized! This was a really fun cake to make! It turned out really yummy, and perfect!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

ChrisandTamara said...

Holy Cow! (Pun intended) That is a terrific cake! Did you use fondant? How did you make the cows? And the black spots? That is so cute! Happy Birthday Shawn! (You should make the same cake for the fair).

Anonymous said...

This cake is absolutely adorable! You are so very talented. I love it!

Dore'

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I'm betting you're going to be getting a lot more requests from people he works with! ;-)

Heather said...

Tamara~
The cows and spots are fondant, the rest is buttercream. It was easy to make and I really enjoyed it. I may make it for the fair this year...I didn't even think of doing it. Thanks for the idea:)

Jenn said...

I love it! You are so talented and this was a super clever idea! Happy Birthday Shawn!!!

Amy said...

I love it!!! I hope one day I'll be as good as you!

Amber said...

Why do you not live closer any more? I would certainly hire you to make birthday cakes instead of buying them! I am going to a cake decorating class for our ward the end of the month so I can hopefully (although doubtful) be able to make fun cakes like this someday!

Jesse said...

You've got skills! Seriously, that is great.

Campbells said...

It has been foever since I have looked at blogs, so I scrolled down and saw that you are having a girl! YA!!!!! Congrats!
love Nikki