I baked the cake from scratch Friday night, but was a little impatient and tried getting in out of the pan before I am sure it was ready. Part of the bottom of the cake stuck to the pan while the rest of the cake came out. So now it is 10:35pm and I am wanting to go to bed.
Saturday Morning, 9:00 am~ Emma is still sleeping (in my bed), I get up to clean up part of the kitchen and try to start over. I cheated and Doctored up a box cake, that turned out perfect.
I finished decorating the cake about 5 minutes before they came to pick it up. It turned out really nice. It would be nice to be making cake a little more often, but then again, I really don't like the clean up after making a cake:)


3 comments:
Beautiful! Who says using box mixes in cheating? I always use box mixes for my cakes. I use Duncan Hines. I don't like the clean-up either. But it sure if fun making the mess.
Eek, I think I would've "cheated" too, LOL! Hate it when the bottoms stick... although I must say I never put that much time into the frosting anyway, LOL! That's beautiful!!!
P.S. I've got a great recipe for no-stick grease for your cake pans: 1/2 c. shortening, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, and 1/2 c. flour. Mix well - will still be lumpy. I usually take my cakes out of the oven right after their done and haven't had any stick problems. My Wilton teacher at Macs where I took my decorating classes gave us this recipe.
Post a Comment