CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day!

Saturday morning Shawn took the kids and they did their Mother's day shopping. Emma kept saying that they went on a daddy daughter date, cause that is usually the only time Shawn and her go out alone. She was very nice to let Mason spend time with her and Daddy. Shawn said as the were driving he asked her what she wanted to get for mommy and she told him a cake. Well, I really don't like cake all that much, and I make then so Shawn asked her to think of something else. She then said "A cookie". Shawn thought about it and decided that if Emma wanted to get mom a cookie, they would get a cookie. They went to Mrs. Fields and Emma picked out this cookie. She did a really good job keeping the secret! Shawn got this fun little toy for me. I have been wanting a clock radio CD player in our room, to replace his tape player alarm clock, just because I don't have tapes to listen to. I asked for one for Christmas, and the budget didn't stretch that far, so he got it for mothers day. It isn't the highest quality stereo, but it is exactly what I wanted for my room. Thanks Shawn and Mason!
My little boy is so good at nap time, but this wasn't nap time. We got home from Church and he climbed up on my bed and fell asleep. He always looks so peaceful while he is sleeping.

The primary helped all the kids make these flowers for their mom's. I don't think that my kiddos got the point the they were for mom, cause they keep asking to eat "my cookie".
Mr. Cook! Shawn is so good to me. I gave him some recipes and said "This is what I want for Mother's Day. For dinner we had Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction , mashed sweet potatoes, and french cut green bean, with a Cheese bread. Yum Yum. I really meant to take a picture, cause the food looked SO good, but in the anticipation of trying it, I forgot. You'll have to take my word that Shawn is a really excellent cook! For desert he made me a Chocolate Mousse Pie. We didn't have the chocolate bar on hand so we substitute with Chocolate chips, and it turned out wonderful. Shawn is such a good man, and sure knows how to spoil me on Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How sweet and wonderful!!! :-) Glad it was such a great Mother's Day!!! :-) (And yep, the dinner does sound really yummy - and I don't blame you for not saving it for pics! ;-)

Amy said...

aww..thats wonderful. good job for emma keeping your cookie a secret! i'm glad you had such a good mothers day!

ChrisandTamara said...

What a "sweet" surprise!

ChrisandTamara said...

P.S. Great quote by Marjorie Pay Hinckley. Where'd you get it from?

Heather said...

Tamara,
My Relief Society President had this quote on a book mark that her kids gave to her for mother's day a while ago. I don't know when she actually said it, or who to find it in the archives, I tried and didn't come up with much:)
Heather

Camille said...

it sounds like you have the loveliest family. I'm so happy for you! Happy Mother's day!