CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shawn's Graduation


The date has been set:
May 10, 2009 @ 2:00 pm
I don't know who is planning on coming to Shawn's graduation except family. I have had the thought to call a bunch of people just to make sure they are or are not coming. (No pressure) We don't expect anyone but family to attend, but if you wanted to come we would love to have you.
Here is the whole reason for this post: There are a very few hotels, motels, and inn in this area. WSU and U of I are 8 miles apart and next year the graduation ceremonies are on the same day. I called around to EVERY hotel, motel in the area (not very many of them) and was told the same thing by all. They book all their rooms the day they start taking reservations. For may places that will be Sunday morning, Monday morning.
So if you are thinking that you might want to come, you need to contact me and I can make a reservation for you, and then later if you decide that you will not be attending, I can cancel the reservation, or find someone to take it for us. I am currently reserving rooms for all of Shawn's family and those in my family who are planning on coming. It will not be hard to reserve more, although, in April next year when you decide that you would like to attend it will be impossible to get you a room at that point. I have to know what you want by this Saturday May 3.
If you are lucky enough to have my phone number, you can call me also. But I am not posting it for good reason. Just a heads up: The price range I found was 76.00 - 190.00 a night, minimum 2 night stay required!
There will be an option of putting up tents in our yard, but if the weather next year is anything like it is this year, you won't want to do that. We are still getting below freezing at night.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wish we could come, but you probably guessed we can't! LOL! We picked up Malcolm's cap and gown today---May 17th is our day! Yay!

Jesse said...

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting really bright, isn't it! Thats great!

Unknown said...

Suh-WEET!!! Congratulations! We won't be able to make it, but we'll be thinking of you!!! :-) On some days, we start to see a little glimmer - it's a couple years down the road, but I think it is a light... ;-)

Unknown said...

Doh! *So* having a day, LOL... didn't notice the YEAR. Odds are that Hubby will again be having exams that week, since he'll still be in school, so that probably doesn't change anything, but I just wanted to follow up to let you know I'm not a complete dip, LOL...

ChrisandTamara said...

Congratulations!