CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Reminiscence

April 4, 2003
Our Engagement

5 years ago today, I had been home from my mission for 3 weeks! Shawn arranged with my parents to drop me off in Boise so he and I could have lunch together before I left with my sisters to go to Salt Lake for a mission reunion.

We went to a little 50's diner and had a good lunch. We were suppose to meet my sisters at the Boise Temple, conveniently located right next to the freeway heading out of town, so we could head out to Utah! The weather was windy and cold. Shawn asked me if I wanted to walk around the ground of the temple while waiting for my sisters to come. We did, but I had no idea what was coming. He took me to the back of the temple, (where the picture shows) and sang me the song "I want to grow old with you" I believe it is from The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler.

He changed some of the lyrics to be more fitting. For those of you who know Shawn well, you know that he is not a singer. He did such a wonderful job! I am sure he was all nerves, but you couldn't tell. At the end of the song, he pulled out my ring and asked me, "Will you grow old with me"?
My parents and sisters knew all about it. Shawn and I had talked about getting married before the proposal, but I had asked him to wait until I got back from Utah to pop the question. So much for that Idea.
Here are some pictures we had taken in May for our engagement pictures. The first one is the one we used in our Wedding Invitations!


The 5 years since, has been filled with a lot of fun, some challenges, and faith. We have moved away from family, had children, and grown together more than we could have imagined!

Shawn I Love You! I am so glad the we get to grow old together! I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else!

5 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

congradulations!!!

ChrisandTamara said...

How sweet! I love to hear engagement stories. Love the engagement photos too. You are such a cute couple! Also love your wedding and family photos. Your kids are so cute! Can't believe how much Emma has grown!Tamara

Camille said...

okay, now that's just precious. I had no idea that you got engaged that quickly. Alright, I don't know what I'm saying because I was nutso and got engaged really fast. I'm so happy for your happiness. Was he your boyfriend before the mission? what a sweet story!

Heather said...

Shawn and I dated through High School, graduated seminary together, and served our missions almost at the same time. It was through letters during that time that we grew closer together though.

Jesse said...

Very Sweet. Its great that you've got it all written down now!