
We received a notice yesterday that our water would be off today due to some repairs needed on the sewer system here at our park.
I decided that I would make it easier on myself and the kids to just leave the house for a bit this morning, and then have lunch out (which we don't do very often).
We went to the library first and due to the construction at the front door, most of the parking is not available. So we parked a block away and walked. It was a nice walk and Emma really enjoyed it. Mason was thrill for a little stroller ride, but was very happy to exit the stroller to play and look at the books.
We spent about an hour at the library, then headed out for lunch!
I took them to Mc D's. They have the play center there and that would at least get me to nap time....but this is not my choice for food! Decisions decisions.....
We place the order, wait for our food. Mason is trying to escape the "you have to hold mommy's hand". Thank you Emma for being so patient and staying right with me. We get the order, head to the drink area just in time for someone to spill their drink all over our tray. It was okay, nothing soggy, broke, or unmanageable. Clean that up, fill up the cups with some juice, and head to our table. Trying to get kids to follow, opening the door to the play area, the big cups tips.... you guessed it... all over the floor. Said Emma " Mommy, the drink is a big mess now". Thank you Emma, I needed to be told. So I get the kids to the table and we sit down. Now Mason is so excited..."FOOD". Just as he starts to eat, "Mommy I have to go potty"! So I pick up Mason (who is now wailing cause his food is getting farther away from him). We get to the bathroom, go potty, wash hands head out and let the people know that we spilt the drink all over the floor.
The rest of lunch went great! Emma got done and left to go play.
I gave her the 5 min. warning that we were leaving soon, and when the 5 minutes were up, she decided that it would be fun to hide from me and not leave. About another 5 minutes I finally got her down from the slide. As we are leaving, I am thinking to myself, it would have been easier to just have simple pb&j's at home and have a few extra dishes sitting in the sink till the water is turned on.
Most days are not like this, but then again, most days I don't take my kids to a fast food place at lunch time, by my self!

2 comments:
I'm so glad things turned out well, even though it was a bit of a sticky drink mess! ;-) From past "lack-of-plumbing" experience - letting the dishes sit for a little while is fine; plus, when they dry out, they don't even get stinky! ;-)
And I thought it was hard to go places with one toddler! I have a hard time taking Katie anywhere by myself these days - oh the terrible twos! I tell you I'd rather go shopping on the busiest day of the week during the busiest time of the the day than take Katie shopping with me (specifically grocery shopping). She's good for about 20 minutes but any longer than that and she just gets too bored and restless. She can get out of her seat even if I pull the belt as tight as I can get it on her. She just stands up and tries to get me to hold her and let her down. I have tried to give her things to hold and she either destoys it (she tore open a Graham cracker box trying to get to the crackers) or chucks it on the ground. Also tried putting her in the back of the cart but she can climb out of the cart that way too. I vowed never to take her grocery shopping again (unless Chris is with me or if I only need a couple of items).
Post a Comment