CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Birthday Cake and More....

In thinking about what I was going to create for Mason's birthday cake, I knew that I needed to have some Cars' characters from the Disney Movie (Mason's favorite movie), but I didn't know what else I wanted. With limited stores to shop from here, I started looking for the characters that Mason didn't already have about 2 months ago. Last night, I still didn't know exactly what his cake would look like, but I knew that he would love it, and he did.
He didn't do much to blow out the candles, he kept reaching for the cars on the cake.
Mason ate his cake and kept pretty clean. Not a normal at our table.


He was really into opening his presents this year. It was so fun to watch him tear off the paper.
He got a new Cars' tee shirt:

A Mickey Mouse tee shirt from Grandma & Grandpa C., which he looked at longer than any of the other gifts:
And Emma got him a tee ball set... but maybe it was more so she could play with it and he would chase the balls :)
He also got a bubble blowing lawn mower, since mom ran over the wheel of the other lawn mower this last winter:( He received some good tee shirts, which was really good, since all his other tee shirts let his belly hang out and make him look like he had a beer belly! We are so excited to get those packed away!

As a new two year old, some of Mason's favorite things to go currently are:

    • Jumping on Mom and Dad's bed
    • Walking around the house with Mom's PJ pants, sucking his thumb
    • Playing hide and seek
    • Going on car rides
    • Playing with his cars
    • Watching TV (although not mom's favorite pass time)
    • Take baths with Emma and splashing up a storm!
    • Playing with Daddy
    • Snuggling with Mommy
    • Running after Emma any where

There have been time the last two years that we have not had a clue what to do with this little guy, but we are so glad that he is in our family. He sure brings laughter and joy to our home, and we wouldn't want it any other way!

4 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Mason!!!!

Amy said...

awww...it looks like you guys had fun!! I wish we could have been there. and heather, the cake looks great!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy #2 to Cute Mason!!! What a fun birthday, and a good eater! :-)

ChrisandTamara said...

Cute Birthday cake! Happy Birthday Mason!