Last night:
Looked like a blizzard out side! I had to drive into town and it just kept coming down. We were forecasted to get up to 5 inches of snow, because of blowing snow, I don't know how much we got.
This Morning:
Shawn in the shower, the power flips off and then on again. ( I was still very much in bed still). I am very sure that he was so thankful the power just blinked. I don't know when he got out of the shower, but the next time the power blinked he was in the kitchen eating, (I was still in bed). Then he came in to kiss me good bye (6:40 am). I was told that I have to go out and take some pictures.
7:00 am- I hear Emma over the baby monitor and she is opening her door, then the power blinks again. I hear her close the door and the power goes out completely. My thought is, "oh good, it will be on again soon and everything will be fine." Well, it was fine, but the house was getting cold. I went to the shed and DUG out our generator. We have never had to use this, and I have no clue how to even get it to start, but I figured that I could read the manual and have no problem getting the pellet stove to burn to keep us warm. Then the sun came out, and I waited.
The power came on at 9:00am, and the house was still 63, so we started the pellet stove and never needed the generator, but I was prepared! I am leaving it out until Shawn comes home so we can put it away so next time I won't have to dig it out. Here is the only picture I took. It is of the front of our house. It really wasn't that much snow, it just was drifted in a lot of places.

We have snow in the forecast until Sunday. I thought that Spring had come. I guess that Spring has become selective on who gets to enjoy it's warmth and sun!

No comments:
Post a Comment