CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Mason sings....well makes the sound like singing!

Mason is a curious boy. He doesn't say much... and uses hand gestures to get our attention. He is really good at finding his cup and then bringing it to us to tell us he wants a drink. He knows how to say cup, but he refuses to talk. Today when I was washing up his lunch dishes, he was standing at the entry of the kitchen making a weird humming sound that wasn't really a hum. I do know what he was humming! He was humming the tune to Jingle Bells. I asked Emma what he was humming to make sure that I was hearing him right, and she said Jingle Bells. I ran to get the camcorder, but the moment he saw the camera, he stopped! I tried just getting close enough to him that I would have him humming on tape, but I guess that I am not sneaky enough for this little one. Maybe he will do it again, maybe he won't, but he gave me hope that someday, he will actually use words to communicate with me. Oh how I look forward to that day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, we definitely know the "camera quiet" phenomenon, too!!! It's gotta be in the kids' handbook before they're born... I'm pretty sure they'll outgrow it, though :-). Cute pics & fun with family and snow!!! I'll have to check out that book, too - it looks really good!