Our Little Birthday Girl How the time flies. This last week I have reflected on Emma's birth a lot. I can't believe that it has been three years. I sure feel better today than I did three years ago. Emma is your classic 3 year old. For a few weeks now she has been bringing us adds that we have gotten in the mail. She usually has found something in the add that she would like. The conversation that follows is like this "Mom, I want this for my birthday" Emma says. I respond " Your birthday isn't for a few more weeks." Emma " But this would be great, and Daddy will say OH MY GOSH". Ok Emma, we get the point. She really just wanted anything to do with the Disney Princesses, or horses. One day a few weeks ago, she brought me the Walmart add, and said " I want this for my Birthday", only to see her pointing to a basket of Apples on a table they were advertising! What a kid!!


Emma was very lucky this year! She had 2 parties, and 2 cakes, and that meant double the excitement! We had a small party with Grandma and Poppy Clausen, Jodi and us the 23rd. She got two new dresses that Grandma Clausen made for her.
and she got a homemade snow gear...
hat, mittens, scarf, wrist cuffs and lots of smiles.
Jodi crocheted her a really heavy warm bed spread.
She let Emma choose her colors last August.
Jodi, you did an awesome job.


Shawn, Mason and I got Emma some Princess Dress up clothes. She can now choose to be Snow White, or Cinderella! Snow white has a tiara and Emma loves wearing it. The night she got them she probably changed her dresses every 3 minutes.

We had a simple cake with fun shaped on it. She was so excited to blow out her candles. She had her second party with two of her best friends, Liam and Adam. Their families came over and we made mini pizzas and the kids ran around screaming and having all sorts of fun.

The all sat on a neat sheet in the living room eating their pizza and when everyone was done eating dinner, we brought out the cake. He second cake was a princess cake. It has Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty on it. When she saw it (I hid it from her until that moment) she said "Oh my gosh, that is beautiful"! We sang Happy Birthday to her as she was jumping with excitement. She sure couldn't wait to blow out the candles.
After cake and Ice Cream she opened more presents. Adam gave her a My Little Pony that smells like strawberries. Liam gave Emma her first Tea Set! Shortly after opening it she asked Adam if he wanted to have a tea party with her. His reply was such a classical a boy answer "No, not right now, maybe later".
Emma also received two cards in the mail from her Uncle Dustin & Aunt Shelbe and Uncle David & Aunt Kim. They both sent her some money! She exclaimed when she saw the money, "I have money to ride the horse"! She was talking about he horse at Wal-mart that you pay 0.50 to ride.



1 comment:
Now I'm saying, "Oh my GOSH!" What a sweetie - and smart! Happy birthday to Emma! Those are beautiful Princess dresses, and you can definitely tell she felt like a happy little princess for her special day! :-) And what a gorgeous bed spread - tremendous job to Aunt Jodi, too! ;-)
Post a Comment