CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 1, 2013

October 2013

October seemed to fly by, much like the months before it. I have said I want to get back to blogging, and I am determined to make 2014 that year! I am going to try to get into the habit before the new year, so with out further ado:
In October Paige had her 5th birthday! She wanted to go to a local Mexican restaurant for her birthday dinner for 2 reasons. 1) She will get to wear the fun hat and 2) They will sing Happy Birthday to her in Spanish. No, I'm not kidding. She isn't a very big fan of Mexican food, but getting a hat and being sung to in a foreign language is worth eating something that wasn't her favorite.
 A few days after her birthday we took Carter to get his long wispy hair trimmed. He sits so well at the salon when he gets his hair trimmed. Not your average 22 month old hair cut. No other time in the day will he sit still, but still he is when getting his hair cut.
 Paige had her birthday party the following weekend. It was so much fun for her to have some of her little friends come. A few she invited didn't make it and they were missed. They played pin the cherry on the cupcake, opened gifts, decorated cupcakes and then headed outside to jump on the tramp. She was so happy to have a friend birthday party. Shawn was lucky enough to get to be home for her party and not get called out.



 We had Luigi, a dinosaur, a black cat and a witch come visit us on Halloween. We took the kids to the church for the trunk or treat were Carter and I handed out candy from the comfort of our warm car while the rest of the kids walked around collecting their treasures in very cold blowing wind. It was probably in the low 30's and after 1 row of cars, Paige came back to the car and helped Carter and I. Some smart people were handing out warm hot cocoa for the trick or treaters and everyone loved having something so warm so sip.  When we got back to our house, the kids posed for 1 photo with out coats on. They don't look cold.

 We went to 6 houses in our neighborhood and the kids had so much fun seeing the neighbors. Staying together wasn't easy for the older kids as they knew what the night would bring, and Carter, is just a bit slower then they are.
 We carved pumpkins for FHE the Monday before Halloween. This three eye pumpkin is Paige's creation.  Emma gutted, carved and cleaned her own pumpkin with out help this year. She was pretty excited about it.
If I thought that October was busy, I had another thing coming cause November was even busier... this was just a glimpse.

No comments: