CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cheyenne Frontier Days

For Shawn's birthday, he took half the day off, and we went to the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo. It was sure fun to be at a rodeo again, but was somewhat strange that is was during the day. 
For reasons of being really busy with 4 kids, we didn't get any pictures taken at the rodeo, but after it was over, we headed over to the amusement park to ride some rides.
Emma talked Shawn and Paige to got on this ride together, but only 2 to a seat, so Emma rode alone.


Mason started out easy and a train ride, and he wanted to be in the first car. I was sure this was the kind of ride he's do till his tickets were gone.



Carter and I rode this cute ride (cause there wasn't a height restriction) and he was ok with it at first, but by the end was done. He really enjoyed the merry go round. 


Emma and Paige wanted to go on this kiddie roller coaster (about all I can handle also) and we let them. They had so much fun!

 After they were done and had headed off to another ride with Shawn, Mason decided he wanted to go on it also. I was really hesitant to let him, so we tried to find something else to do. After the last roller coaster Mason went on, I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with another melt down, crying fit because he could just get off with it got scary. (He takes after me) But he was persistent. We left Carter with Shawn, and I got on the ride with Mason. I had to make him think I loved it, and I knew that going on this ride (I HATE roller coasters) so I smiled and put my hands in the air and tried to get him to do the same. He loved it the first time around, but when the coaster passed the exit and we didn't stop, he tried to get off, then covered his eyes and started to wine. I got in his face and told him that he liked it the last time it went around and this wouldn't be any different. He took his hands off his eyes and gave me his reassuring smile. It made me laugh.

We rode the tractor trailer to the farthest spot we could then walked the rest of the way to the car. Everyone agreed it was a fun day. It was a Happy Birthday for Shawn.

No comments: