CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

The Sunday before Christmas, we got all dressed up in our Sunday Christmas clothes and went to church. We enjoyed several musical performance's which included the bishops 11 year old playing a complex version of Oh Holy Night, a violin duet, a guitar accompanied a singer and the congregation sung. It was wonderful. Too bad Shawn missed it due to an emergency. This is our family Christmas picture. 


This year I had trouble finding matching Christmas pajamas for the kids so I decided that I would make them. After a week of late nights and sewing during naps I completed all 4 pairs and anxiously awaited giving them Christmas Eve. 
We had Christmas Eve dinner at some friends from the wards home and played some games while the kids decorated sugar cookies for Santa. When we got home we gave the kids their PJs. they are a bit big, but I think I did a rather good job for not having done this before. 

Santa just came...


This year we were lucky enough to sleep past 7. The rule was the stocking we're free to the taking, but the gift opening had to wait till after breakfast. We knew Carter wouldn't last long opening gifts with out something to eat first.
I made cute Christmas tree waffles for breakfast and all the kids thought it was a great idea. They loved them and it was a big hit. *thank you Pinterest for the idea*

Carter got a Finding Nemo fleece blanket, and pillow case and a cotton pillow case from Grandma Sanders. All the other kids have one, so now Carter fits in on movie night, even though he never watches the movie.
Santa brought Mason his much desired Jake and The Neverland Pirates ship and Carter got him the characters. 
Paige got her "titar" she's been hoping for. I wish we would have had the camera rolling. I was busting a gut watching how excited she was.
Emma got a my life horse and doll. She was so excited. She said "Santa must have been watching that day we were at walmart and I asked for this and you said I couldn't get it cause it cost $40.00. I didn't have that much and I didn't do any chores to make that much. I'm so glad he was watching." She hasn't played with it as much as we thought she would, but she is making sure it's safe from the younger kids.
We had a good Christmas. There was very little fighting, and a lot of peaceful play. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas this year.

No comments: