CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

She's 3!

For a while Paige has been talking about her birthday. When were out and about she'll find something she wants, but instead of saying I want this... She will tell me she wants it for her birthday. Its been pretty funny to shop with her lately.
A few days before her birthday she got her first card in the mail. I gave it to her and she ran to her room and sat on her bed to open it. I went to the kitchen to finish up something and she came running into the room shouting " I got money!" Her uncle and aunt sent her a card, which she's carried around with her and a $5 bill. It was a great start to a birthday weekend.

Saturday I worked on her cake while she napped. I wanted it to be a surprise even though she had a clue as to what she was getting since she picked out the theme. It was fun to put something together that looked almost as good as I wanted it to. I only wish the cottage was a bit taller.
All the kids really enjoyed eating the cake. It was really moist and Paige was really happy with it. Guess that's really all that mattered.
She was way excited for presents. We had a small family get together with just us, and it was just fine. She got the rest of the figurine set from Tangled that I used on her cake.
Next she opened her gift from Emma, a Princess Zuzu pet.
Then her gift from Mason. He even did his best to write to Paige from Mason on the wrapping paper. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it as he is not a writer and has just started writing anything that looks like a letter. He got Paige a diaper bag that came with 2 bottles, a changing pad, diaper, wash cloths, and a bottle of baby lotion. She's had this thing with her non stop since she opened it.
Grandpa and Grandma Clausen got her a book about reverence called "Monday I was a Monkey". She was so excited to get a new book!
She got a bunch of new clothes from Grandma and Grandpa Sanders. They are some of the only clothes she has that are not hand me downs from Emma.
She then opened the gift Shawn and I got her. It's a Leap Frog learning computer. She'd been eyeing it at the toy store for a while, and we were stuck as to what to get her. Needless to say, all of the kids really enjoy it.
Her birthday may have been small, but it was very nice and very stress free. After we opened gifts, she wanted to watch Tangled. Then next day, Mom, Mason and Paige got a 24 hour flu bug and we were counting our blessings that we didn't have anyone over the night before as we're sure all of them would have gotten it.
Paige never leaves a moment dole and keep a lot of laughter in our family. She is so excited about her baby being born soon and is ready to be a big sister. We just can't get over how big she is getting.

No comments: