CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Heavenly Father's plan

Growing up I had lots of Aunt's and Uncle's. Some lived far away and I didn't ever get to know them well. Most of my Mom's family was that way. My Dad's family lived near us all of my childhood. We did a lot of thinks with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Lynn and their 2 kids. I remember Christmas', birthdays, camping trips and Thanksgivings with them. I have other memories with other family, but a lot of my extended family memories are with Uncle Bill and Aunt Lynn. Bill is my Dad's only sibling. They are pretty close and always have been. A short time after we moved to Idaho, Bill and Lynn followed moving up into the mountain to a small community of Garden Valley. When I was on my mission, Bill and Lynn got a divorce and it really surprised me. They loved each other, but just couldn't live together anymore.
A few months after Shawn and I got married, Bill remarried and that's when Aunt Valerie came into our family. The years since Shawn and I married has made it to I don't see our family as much as I use to, so our relationships are a little different, but I still love them.
I got a call Monday afternoon from my mom and she was letting us kids know that we needed to keep Bill and Valerie in our prayers. Bill was at the VA in Boise and things with his Colon cancer were not looking well. I didn't hear anything Tuesday and by Wednesday morning, I was wanting to know something. I called my mom, and I could tell something was wrong just in her voice. She said she just got off the phone with Valerie and the Doctor told her that if family wanted to see him, they needed to come now cause he didn't expect Bill to make it through the day. Immediately I felt a need, a strong desire to be there. I called Shawn at work and he started looking for airline tickets for later that day. I was able to get some exceptional ladies
to watch my kids for 3 days so I could leave and by 1:15 Wednesday afternoon, I was in the air.
This has been such a special experience to be near my family during this time. Today, I got to spend the morning with my Auntie Lynn and we sat with Uncle Bill while Valerie and her kids took off to Garden Valley to get some very needed things. We were there when Kristy, Bill and Lynn's daughter came to see him. This was a bit more special than a normal visit. Kristy has been in jail for the last couple of years. She getting out March 23. We were having trouble trying to get her to the VA before he passed, but felt it was so important for her to say goodbye. Bill's Doctor called the Warden of the Jail where she is and was able to get her to the VA to say goodbye to him early this afternoon. It was a huge answer to all of our prayers. Heavenly Father truly has had his hand in this and we have seen it.
Tonight, Valerie, Dad, Mom, Amy and Robbie (Valerie's kids), Jodi, Michael and I were all in his room, talk, visiting, and remembering memories. My dad and Michael gave him a priesthood blessing and he was told that when his time is up, he shouldn't hold on to life, but to move on to the next. It was a very moving blessing. As we got ready to leave he got restless and started grunting and kept trying to move. It was the first time since yesterday that I saw him voluntarily open his eyes and communicate with Valerie. We all hugged him gently, said our goodbyes and when we had all hugged him, he relaxed and went back into him non responsive state. It was very emotional. We're not sure he'll make it through tonight, but one never knows these things.
Tomorrow my Grandparents are flying in from Portland. It is going to be a very hard day and very emotional. I am so thankful for my loving husband for helping me be here. He is so supportive. I am grateful for the ladies who are caring for my children while I'm away. They are having so much fun right now. I so thankful I didn't miss this opportunity to gather with my family and be apart of something so Holy and spiritual. This is the plan of our Heavenly Father. We all will die. We all will leave our loved ones for a time. I am so thankful for my knowledge of life after death and the gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches us that we can be an eternal family. Such peace in times like these come from knowing my Savior Jesus Christ and knowing he made if possible to return to live in Heaven after this life with our Heavenly Father. As sad as it has been to know we are saying goodbye for a time, that's all it is, is a short time. We will see each other again. We will be together again. He is be pain free and in a better place. I am grateful to have known Uncle Bill. I am thankful he's my uncle. He will be missed, and thought of often. But we will be happy, cause that's what he would want.

No comments: