CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Welcoming Winter

Winter couldn't have arrived at a better time than this. We got 7" of new snow in the early morning hours on December 20. It was so wet and heavy, which makes it so beautiful on the trees and bushes. Oh, so pretty. Shawn went out and cleared the driveway and walks before he left for work. It was a big job as the snow was so heavy.

Around 10 I went out to clear the walks and drive again. While I was out the plows came by and I got to clear what they threw in the drive area. The Honda would never have gotten through it to get into the cleared driveway if I didn't clear it.
It snowed all day and we got another 4 inches that actually stuck. The road ways were slushy and wet when Shawn came home from work, but when he left the house around 7 it was starting to stick again.


December 21, the first day of winter, we woke up to 11 new inches on snow in the driveway, 18" total in the yard. I remember how good it felt to get lots of snow when we were in Pullman, the feeling hasn't changed. Shawn and I got up at 6am to start clearing the drive and the walks so he could get to work and clear the parking lot. It really was a chore. Here are a few photos I took this morning while we were out.

The driveway doesn't seem like much from this view, but it does slant down hill, you just can't tell.



When the day light finally arrived, I took some shots of the snow piled up. So beautiful!

Luckie loves the snow. We was out digging around in it while we were clearing the walks and just loved it. We think he is such a funny dog in the snow. He likes to chase snowballs and catch them in his mouth. He must like the snow as a blanket as he has covered himself up with it many times already.


2 comments:

Amy said...

THAT...is insane!! Ha At least you'll have a nice white christmas. :)

ChrisandTamara said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow!