- Feeling more like my self again after having a yucky cold. It is nice to breath with out wheezing, and even better to not have a runny nose dripping all day, no matter what I'm doing.
- Realizing how far Mason has come since August. We got a copy from a test he did with the District Autism team back in August this week. He now has overcome 4 of the 5 problems that he was showing then. Monday we are meeting with his team of therapy to reset his goals and rewrite his IEP. Shawn and I were talking this last week about how much more he is trying to talk. His biggest problem is his articulation of words. He talks all the time, even looking at us in the eyes, but after having him repeat several times, we have to start asking him yes and no questions to understand, and even then, usually we are saying to him "Mason, I don't understand what it is you're saying". Breaks our hearts every time we have to tell him we don't understand. He's getting speech therapy 4x a week, and he's on a waiting list for additional speech. I am positive that it is going to come together in the next year.
- Outings with all the kids that were positive and didn't include me running around the store trying to keep them all with me. We went to the Post Office and there were right along side me the whole time. I was such a happy mommy!
- Getting a ruff draft of the project ahead of us. Shawn and I are both excited to start finishing the basement and getting in another bathroom a bed room, and I am stoked to get a long awaited craft room! Sewing, scrapping, and card making, here I come!!!
- Watching Emma and Paige play together. Paige tries SO hard to do everything Emma and Mason do. It is so funny to watch her try to do something that Emma just learned to do. I love the stage they are in.
- All the laundry in the house done in one day. 8 loads...that's something to be grateful to have done.
- An evening without my kiddies. Tonight I have a sitter watching, playing and being my kids best friend starting at 3:30 and when I come home, they will all be in bed, the house will be clean and I can just enjoy the evening. Ohhh, I am soooo excited. I always look forward to date night. Tonight, I have no idea what Shawn has planned, but I know that it is going to be great!
- Blessings that come all week, everyday, every hour of the day. Some are big, most a small. They help me feel close to my Heavenly Father.
- A challenge from our Bishop helps me realize I can do what ever it is I set my mind to. I guess sometimes I feel like I don't have control over my life, but I have realized that I can do what ever it is I want that is of a good cause.
- Reading through letter that were written to me from good friends years ago made me reflect on who I am, and what others see in me that I don't see in myself. Moving a few times this last year has really been hard on me. Moving in the beginning of the dead of winter has made is hard to make friends. I have felt so lonely for days on end. As I reflected on those letters, I realized that I can do things in others eyes that in my eyes aren't good enough or I feel unable. Thanks to those letters I realized that maybe I should not expect myself to be perfect and beat myself up for not being, but grow and be thankful for the gifts and talents I have been given that I am good at. Giving my self the excuses that I have this and that so I can't do this keeps me from realizing my potential. I am still working on being more capable, but I'm grateful for the gentle reminder that I am Heather, not just Mommy, or wifey.
A Little Scare
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment