CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

What cute kids!

The kids have been caught doing some really fun things the last few days. Lucky for us, the camera was with in reach so we caught these moments with a picture.
Emma loves to play dress up. For Christmas Emma got a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz dress up set. She loves it. She hasn't ever seen the movie, I not sure she wants to, but she doesn't mind playing Dorothy according to her. She has tried hard to get Mason to play dress up with her, and he has. He played Cinderella a few times. We caught her getting Paige ready to play dress up. Paige was so interested in the dress up clothes. She kept looking at them and tugging at them. She was so cute.
Then a day later, I am working at the computer, I turn around and I find Paige in Emma's doll stroller. She was totally having fun. She figured out how to get it and get out and fight me when I tried putting it up so she couldn't get in it. What a doll.


Emma and Mason have gotten A LOT of toys taken away by the gobble box in the last few days also, leaving them with not much to play with. Emma asks daily with she will get her toys back, and daily she gets the same answer, "When you can take care of the toys that you currently play with." This leaves most all of Paige's toys and Mason doesn't mind at all. Paige got the Little Peoples Playhouse for Christmas. Mason has used it quite a bit, and it is really good for him. He uses the people to develop his social skills. We found him sitting on the dress up tote playing with the house. He has a guy and a girl in each hand and was trying to get them to go to bed. I really wanted to record him doing this. I distracted him just taking pictures, but at least I got those.


It is moments like these that I think that I am doing something right. It is when I see them being creative, nice and cute that I really enjoy being their mom. I am sure that there are times in every parents life, and maybe a lot of moments, where they feel like they don't measure up, or that they are being the parent that they want to be. And then your kids remind you that really, you are making a difference, not just for them, but everyone your child come into contact with. I am grateful for that reminder once in a while.

No comments: