CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This past week I have had a lot on my mind. I also have reflected on things that I have always wanted to aspire to, but feeling inadequate of actually making it happen. I have a game plan...but, I actually have to start. Guess there has to be a beginning to all things huh?
  • A Home to keeps us warm, lets us play, laugh, cry and grow. It breaks my heart that so many people don't have a place to call home today.
  • Music that inspires has not always been on my "music I love" list, but it is very important to me now. I believe that music is powerful and that it can form you into the person you become. There is power behind good music and I believe that it is because it is powerful that God gave us music.
  • Opportunities to grow are all around me. EVERYDAY! I sometimes don't appreciate the opportunities cause they are hard and challenging. After all is said and done though, I know that I am a better person.
  • Mason makes our Family better just by being him. He is such a good boy and wants to please you and make you happy. He LOVES his sisters and would do anything he can for them. When I watch him I just feel an outpouring of gratitude that he was sent to us and that even though the learning is hard, I am grateful to be his earthly parent.
  • Shawn's employment allows for him to grow, learn and be challenged. It amazes me how much he has grown this last year and how much he loves his job. I am so blessed to be the wife of a man who loves what he does to provide for his family.
  • Inspiring words from others who may know me better than I know me. It helps me realize that if they believe in me, so can I.
  • A Temple in our neighborhood. Seriously, I NEVER thought that this would happen anywhere close to our home. We are SO excited!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I ALWAYS read your posts. And I love them. I miss so many different times in my life (my Home Fed years being one of them) and keeping up on blogs of gals I loved in my past makes me feel like I am a little part of the action. I like knowing how your family is doing and growing. I love to see pictures and I really love your Thankful Thursdays. I bet, many years from now, as you are looking back on this blog with your children those posts will be your favorite ones too!

ps. I get the husband loving their job thing. It is wonderful isn't it?!!

Jenny said...

Your blog is beautiful. What a lovely background...and your content looks great, too! I would have signed up to follow you but I don't see that here...but I thought I'd let you know that I visited.