CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Let's start this New Year on the right foot. I hope it's a good year. I hope for lots of blessings, not just for our family, but yours also!

  • New callings at church. I haven't had a calling since October 2007. It is nice to feel like the Lord needs me. Shawn hasn't had a calling since May 2008, and now teaches Emma's primary class. I don't know about Shawn, but I am really grateful for the opportunity to serve.
  • New Years resolutions have never really been my thing. I think you should set goals all year and not just at the beginning. This year is different. There are several things I am going to need a whole year to work on, so I have a few resolutions that I hope help me be a better me by the end of 2010. I'll post more on that later.
  • Financial blessings. I was stressed out by how busy the clinic was not last month. I know it means our pay check is going to be reflected by it. Heavenly Father will provide a way to get us what we need when we need it. Shawn was blessed me A LOT of emergencies. Not good for the client, but good for us. I am grateful.
  • School started again this week, and it has been so good for both kids. They are happy at school, and they learn new skills there that are important. It is good they love school, for now.
  • Early mornings have come back to our home because of school starting, it makes me was to have sit down breakfast as a family, and we usually make that happen, but we need to be better at sitting down all at the same time. I am grateful Shawn's job allows him to have breakfast with us. It is wonderful.
  • Birthdays for some near and dear people this month. You know who you are and we are grateful to celebrate your life and the role you play in our life. Hope all your days are happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you did have a calling. You were our awesome chorister!

Miss ya, Dore'

Heather said...

Yeah, I guess so...funny how you forget things like that. I just really enjoyed R.S. that is didn't seem like a calling I guess:) Thanks for reminding me.