CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2008

The Art of Painting

Emma's most beloved art time is painting. For many reasons, Mason has never been apart of the painting. Until recently, I just didn't want the paint everywhere I knew it would end up with him holding a paint brush. I also didn't want to deal with him eating the paint, because he puts everything in his mouth. I found a recipe, that is made from Condensed Milk and food coloring, so I thought to my self "why not, if he eats it, it won't hurt him." So today after nap time, we striped the clothes off, put a towel on the floor and laid out some paper on the table. He had such a good time. Yes, he did put it in his mouth, but it wasn't until he discovered that it was sweet, that he put the brush in his mouth. Maybe he would be fine with other paints...
We had a good time.

Emma painting
Mason painting (what a face)
Close to the end of the painting, and he is still mostly clean.
He did get some red in his hair...but I expected that:)

3 comments:

Amber said...

We have the same problem with Claire. What is the recipe? I would certainly try it here!

ChrisandTamara said...

You're brave! I don't think I'm ready for Katie to try paint yet. I haven't even done play-doh yet. But I subbed in her nursery class the other week and we did play-doh and she did well and didn't even eat it. So maybe it's time to make some for at home.

Heather said...

Amber... all you do is split a can of condensed milk into as many bowls as you have colors. Add food coloring to your desired shade, mix and paint. There are all sort of these little fun concoctions in the books: The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions, and The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions 2. I used these books as a day care teacher, a nanny and have used a lot with my own kids. They are real fun ideas with stuff you usually have around the house.